Friday, December 21, 2012

Chongqing, Fenghuang Gucheng, and Zhangjiajie - China

Hi friends. After I came back to Thailand on October, I got a chance to go to China for sightseeing right after that. I went to Chongqing, Fenghuang Gucheng, and Zhangjiajie where is featured in the movie Avatar. The scenic views were so beautiful and the shopping districts were very lively. The restrooms in China were very infamous as usual, and the bus ride of this trip was way too long (more than 24 hours for the whole trip). Overall I can still find this trip enjoyable thanks to the beautiful landscapes.

I will get started with the place called Fenghuang Gucheng. This city still keeps its traditional way of living. The architecture and local lifestyle are still the same as the old days.

Ride for sightseeing around the old village
Happy ride service

















The shopping district of this city was also gorgeous. There were many people from local tribes coming to the marketplace, offering their local products.

Even though the day I visited this place got the grey sky, I could still manage to get some nice shots. I was still sad that I didn't give a shot at the local Chinese liquor store.

Ancient liquor store
Beautiful scenic view of the shopping district











Various goods can be found here

I departed from this city to Zhangjiajie, the place where Avatar is featured in. It took about 12 hours by bus to get there. It's long but worth it.

Getting up













Gorgeous scene at Zhangjiajie
At night, I watched the local,seasonal play called The Love Story of a Woodman Fairy Fox. The play was well made and the stage is beautifully natural made. I'm sad that the battery on my camera ran out too early before the play ended.



Big stage for the performance

Next morning, I had to take another 12-hour ride to Chongqing. This place is one of the major cities in China. It is arguably comparable to Shanghai in term of the civilization. The nice restrooms and western brand goods can be commonly found. The shopping district was also revamped in a nice way.

City at night
The shopping district










Late afternoon landscape of Chongqing
China has changed a lot in these past years. There are so many many places yet unseen, waiting for me to explore. I think I will still enjoy sightseeing in China in the future despite all infamous stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment